Adobe SVG viewer 6 - version beta (load this version windows only now)
News SVG 1.0 specifications
- cursor property and cursor element : see
Using SVG objects as childs of cursor element allow animated cursors, but what about W3C specifications ?
- foreign object
New SVG 1.1 specifications
- text wrapping : see example
in square and square with hole defined by path element.
Using new script features to change vertices of rectangle for text (cursor, getScreenCTM used)
- using RCC specifications to create arc and pie
As this question seem very important for the future of svg, go to homepage for that
ECMAScript and DOM
- getScreenCTM to get matrix from main svg
coordinates system to window coordinates.
No more problem to get coordinates in SVG, a single formula - see example
- getTransformToElement() to get matrix of transformation from main svg to object.
No problem to find coordinates in object's local coordinates system - see example
- direct access to main attributes of objects - see example
What ASV6 don't accept since this version
- header ( <?xml .... > or/and <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC ....>) in file or string to parse with parseXML
- spreadMethod attribute has no effect for drawing gradients : see example
ASV6 extensions for SMIL 2.0
- transition effects with set and animate on
xlink:href attribute of use element : see example
- insert, play and stop video : see example